Friends of Bangladesh is working with BKF and BKS to fund a training program, ‘Sponsor an Activist’.
The program is for landless peasants to train as grassroots organisers in Dhaka to empower their rural communities. The program prioritises women and youth.
The 6 month long training program includes:
- Training programs in basic Bangla reading and writing
- English and computer skills
- Training on BKF and BKS campaigns and politics
- Education on the history of movements of peasants, women and indigenous people
- Participate in programs, protests and meetings in Dhaka, gaining experience to take back to their communities
- Opportunities for discussion and strategising on participants local issues
Our funds pay for classes, accommodation and food for the 6 month period.